Thursday, May 19, 2011

Homes

I am the type of person who likes things.  I am always buying things from the thrift store and giving things to the thrift store, it is a constant rotation of recycling.  While I like sparse clean spaces, I can't help but surround myself with beautiful things.  I can't stand too much clutter though, it has to be a controlled chaos.    Eventually I get to the point where my things overwhelm or suffocate me, and then I grab some garbage bags and toss everything in.  It feels a little silly and wastefull (in terms of money, I don't throw the items away or anything).  I think I prefer spaces that look lived in, spaces that tell stories through the treasures and paintings and items throughout.  Clean simple spaces remind me of hotels or hospitals.




No comments:

Post a Comment